About Brothers International Food Corporation:
Brothers International Food Corp. is a privately-owned food and beverage company based in Rochester, New York with offices in China and Ecuador. The company was founded in 2001 by brothers Matt and Travis Betters, whose family was involved in the processed fruit and vegetable industry for more than 65 years. In addition to supplying top-quality fruit and fruit juice concentrates to Fortune 100 food companies, Brothers International is the parent company of Brothers-All-Natural, which is the #1 Freeze Dried Snack Brand in the USA.
To successfully tender, coordinate, monitor, and arrange delivery of all international shipments related to Brothers-All-Natural. This includes all import and export documentation, tracking, tracing, expediting, document retention and regulatory compliance.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate the international transportation of finished goods and raw materials via air, ocean, multi-modal and over the road transportation.
- Monitor sailing schedules, transit times and port congestion to identify optimal routing.
- Review Purchase Orders sent by foreign suppliers for correct item description, quantity and pricing.
- Ensure all Importer Security Filings (ISF) are completed in an and accurate and timely fashion.
- Track all in-process air and ocean shipments.
- Update ERP system with milestones and ETD’s
- Advise all trading partners regarding delays.
- Track CBP/FDA clearance status for all international shipments.
- Coordinate all transportation related to exams/holds.
- Work with Customs Broker to secure release of all goods.
- Coordinate drayage/final delivery to warehouse. Expedite as required.
- Coordinate foreign – foreign (cross-trade) carriage of refrigerated and frozen raw materials from suppliers to contract manufacturing locations.
- Perform all ERP transactions related to inbound and cross-trade international shipments including uploading of documents, status updates, and creation of inventory transfers to locate materials at destination warehouses.
- Identify opportunities for duty drawback and/or other preferences.
- Ensure regulatory compliance including but not limited to: HTS Classification, Denied Party screening, and application of duties/tariffs.
- Ensure document retention of all required materials via electronic and/or hard copy filing.
- Perform audit and payment for all transportation, customs clearance and logistics services invoices.
- Participate in the procurement of all international transportation and logistics services via RFI/RFQ.
- Establish KPI’s, perform service reviews and drive continuous improvement initiatives for all international transportation and logistics services providers.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Provide quality service to BIFC internal and external customers in all assigned tasks, while upholding BIFCO Values at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred
- Import / Export compliance knowledge.
- Transportation / Logistics experience preferred.
- Experience with international terms and procedures, including INCOTERMS, ISF filing, Commercial Invoices, customs clearance and Harmonized Tariff classification.
- Strong organizational skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently as well as on a team
- Good oral and written communication with strong emphasis on follow-up and organizational capability.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Familiarity with ERP systems preferred.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.